My Acne Cure

This post is dedicated to all those who have suffered with moderate/severe acne at some point in their life or are currently suffering from moderate-severe acne. After trying everything and anything for years I am glad to say that I finally found something that keeps me Acne Free :)


I had severe acne from about age 14-17 and after that my acne went from severe to moderate. I tried everything and anything both prescription and on the counter. This included creams, tablets,laser treatments etc. You name it , I probably tried it. 


What most people don't understand is that Acne is more than a physical ailment. It also affects you emotionally and mentally .If you haven't been through it then it might be hard for you to relate. It had a big impact on my self esteem and made me very withdrawn in high school and i struggled with low self esteem until i was in my 2nd year of University.


Everything changed when I was prescribed Retisol-A about 2 years ago. I have been acne free for two years. It is a topical cream and it stopped me from getting new breakouts, also my old acne scars have faded over time and my skin looks more even now.
I also changed some of my habits to maintain my results:

  • I eliminated dairy milk from my diet and I only drink soy milk
  • I drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday
Retisol- A cost me about $45 & you need a prescription to get it. One tube usually lasts me 2-2.5 months. I use 1-2 times a day. It comes in different concentrations. The one i use is pictured below.


Remember what works for me, may not work for you! But it is worth a try. If you don't try, you will never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY : Kinky Straight Blow Out Wig

Revisiting my favorite texture of all time... kinky straight. This time I constructed my own wig with two 16 inch bundles and a 12 inch lace...