A few useful tips:
- Co-wash your extensions with a moisturizing conditioner prior to putting them in. You do not know where the hair has been and the hair may appear dry on arrival. Co-washing cleans and moisturizes the hair.
- Seal your wefts. Like I have stated before, ALL HAIR EXTENSIONS SHED!! It is unrealistic to expect no shedding at all.Some company's have good quality hair but the weft is weak so you experience a lot of shedding. Regardless of which company you purchase from you can further protect your investment by sealing your weft yourself. I use Dritz Fray Check (pictured below) to seal my wefts. I purchased it from Walmart.
- Apply the product to both sides of the weft as well as the top of the weft. Leave to dry.
- Video on how to seal your wefts.\
- Try not to cut the weft at all. I find that this not only reduces shedding but it also makes it easier to store the hair for future use after you remove the install.
- Do not use too many products. Find products that work and stick to them. Avoid excessive heat, excessive dying and coloring which can shorten the life span of your extensions.