Thursday, 22 March 2012

DIY: Brazilian Lace Closure Sew-in Application + Virgin Filipino Hair

After numerous attempts, I finally applied the closure and it wasn't easy because I am not great at doing cornrows. The cornrows need to be small and fairly tight so the closure can lay as flat as possible. Sewing  the closure on is the easy part, making the part look realistic is another story. My closure already has a middle part (which i specifically requested) but I parted the closure on the side and it worked out much better.I did not end up bleaching the knots of the closure because I was scared I would mess it up. What i did was cut a piece from a flesh colored pantyhose and sew it underneath the lace part of the closure.
Cut a piece from a flesh colored pantyhose 
Sew the piece to the lace part of the closure
End result: The scalp looks more realistic
No products and no styling. This is the hair in its natural state.
No products and no styling. This is the hair in its natural state.

I think I did a fairly decent job for my first try :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...