DIY : How to Fix Overbleached Knots on a Lace Closure

This is thesame closure I've had since March 2012. See my initial post HERE. The closure is still in great condition, the lace is still intact. I've worn it with straight & wavy hair. It's very versatile, straightens/curls easily and it barely sheds even 7 months later.

 I finally decided to bleach the knots. Yes I decided to bleach the knots of my closure 7 months after I got it and have been wearing it. I've seen many videos on YouTube on how to bleach knots but I was still hesitant about trying it out myself. I bleached the knots and guess what... the knots were overbleached and it came out brassy. See for yourself :(


So I went back to Youtube to search for ways to fix overbleached knots on a closure. It worked!!!

My Closure after I fixed the overbleached knots:

Before                                         After 

A much easier and super quick solution is to use Colorful Red Out Shampoo Treatment. I would have tried this method but I couldn't find the product anywhere in my area. If you can find it where you live then this is a faster method. It's also available online HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY : Kinky Straight Blow Out Wig

Revisiting my favorite texture of all time... kinky straight. This time I constructed my own wig with two 16 inch bundles and a 12 inch lace...