DIY : Red Hair using Brazilian Lace Closure + Virgin Filipino Hair

I'm obsessed with burgundy right now.. so I thought to myself, why not try Burgundy Hair?! Ever since I saw Beautybyjj's red hair, I wanted red hair. 

My absolute favorite Youtube guru Peakmill recently dyed her hair red/burgundy and I found myself running to the store to get red hair dye. I am not a fan of colored hair at least not during the colder months but I think this burgundy red color is just right.

I used my Virgin Filipino Hair and Virgin Brazilian Lace Closure.  I always try to get the most out of my hair extensions. It's been almost a year since I bought my Virgin Filipino Hair and Brazilian Lace Closure. After wearing it in its natural color I usually opt for color for a new look.

I followed Peakmill's video and I love that she always makes things seem so easy. I searched in every store and couldn't find the exact hair dye she used where I live and that is why I ended up using:
  • L'oreal Excellence Hicolor Highlights Red Hot 
  • Clairol BW2 Bleach
  • 30 Developer
I was hoping I wouldn't have to use bleach so I was excited to use the L'oreal Excellence Hi Color Highlights thinking it was going turn my hair from black to red in one step. I was really disappointed with the results. It did not work at all, it tinted the hair a tiny bit but the color was not noticeable at all. So what I did was use the BW2 Bleach and a 30 developer. I left it on and kept watching until I got the color I want.

Here are my results.... I LOOOVE IT!! The quality of this hair is awesome. As you can see from the picture it looks as good as new.

The hair looks much lighter when I am outside. 

Have a wonderful week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY : Kinky Straight Blow Out Wig

Revisiting my favorite texture of all time... kinky straight. This time I constructed my own wig with two 16 inch bundles and a 12 inch lace...