Hair Trend: Dark Roots

This is not a new trend but it caught my eye when I saw Rihanna on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

This was the first time I ever contemplated trying the look. Summer is the best time to experiment with your hair and I am trying to push myself out of my comfort zone with my hairstyle choices. What I like most about this trend is that since the roots are dark, it tones down the bolder color on the rest of the hair; makes it more wearable.
The look has been seen on Ciara, Nicki Minaj and Keke Palmer to name a few.



Rihanna's look is by far my favorite. I like her color combination better; it goes from dark brown at the roots to a auburn honey blonde color. Nicki's hair looks good on her but not everyone can pull that color off at least i know i certainly can't and will not attempt to.

What do you think of this trend? Would you wear it?




1 comment:

  1. I have tried a look that is like rhianna's then it looks like the blond color of keke's on the ends...I luv it...I wish there was a way to upload my pics here to show you...its def edgy but tasteful at the same time
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

DIY : Kinky Straight Blow Out Wig

Revisiting my favorite texture of all time... kinky straight. This time I constructed my own wig with two 16 inch bundles and a 12 inch lace...