My Personal Definition of "Good Hair Extensions"?
- The hair has minimal shedding.
- The hair has minimal-no tangling.
- If the hair is "Virgin", then the color will not run when I wash it.
- The hair is good for multiple installations (lasts at least 8 months-1 year).
- The hair returns to it's natural state when washed.
- Virgin Hair extensions allow you to experiment with a lot of different looks without causing damage to your own hair. They are very versatile; coloring and styling options are endless.
- Blending can be a problem. Heat is often required to blend your own hair with your Virgin Hair Extensions. Prolonged heat usage can cause damage to your own hair.
- "Virgin" hair extensions can come with wierd odours that can be hard to get rid of.
- ALL HAIR EXTENSIONS SHED! (regardless of price there will be shedding) but good hair extensions should have minimal shedding.Think of it this way,the hair is wefted and there is no way every single strand of hair will adhere to the weft. So there will be some loose hairs. Besides, your real hair sheds, so why wouldn't your hair extensions shed?! Shedding and hair go together like bread and butter lol. If you want to reduce or eliminate shedding, SEAL YOUR WEFTS!!
- You may experience tangling in the nape area because your hair rubs against your clothes etc.. But then again this should be very minimal and easy to detangle. If the hair gets matted then that is a big NO NO and that means the cuticles are not aligned.
- The color of Virgin hair will probably not match your real hair color perfectly since the color varies. Remember wefts are made using from ponytails from different donors. But you can always dye the hair to any color you want.
- You will probably find grey hairs in your bundles some of the time but if it the grey hairs are excessive it just means the donor was older or had a lot of grey hair. I inspect all my bundles prior to installation and I use tweezers to remove any grey strands.
- Virgin hair often requires maintenance so take care of your extensions like you would your natural hair. The lifespan of your extensions depend on how well you take care of them.
I could go on and on about this topic .. but I choose to end here and I hope I helped someone in some way!